Enjoy making these tasty sweet gujiya at home
FOR THE DOUGH
● 1 cup Maida ● 1 tablespoon #RRO Unsalted White butter ● A pinch of Salt ● 1- 2 tablespoon Milk
GUJIYA MIXTURE INGREDIENTS
● 1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut ● 1 cup Crumbled Mawa ● 1/4 cup Superfine Sugar ● 2 tablespoon Milk ● 10-12 pieces of Raisins ● 12-15 pieces of Almonds ● 12-15 pieces of Pistachios ● 2 tablespoon of Cashew pieces ● 2 teaspoon Green Cardamom powder ● Coconut – 2 tablespoons (grated) ● #RRO Primio Refined Groundnut Oil for dip frying. INSTRUCTION
● Mix ¼ cup unsalted white butter in flour and mix well. Put a little water and 2 teaspoon milk.
● Knead dough and keep it covered for 20 minutes. There is less than half cup of water used with such quantity of flour.
● Heat the pan and add Mawa to it. Then roast it till it becomes light brown.
● Keep flame in medium. After roasting mawa, take it out in a bowl and let it cool down.
● After this, add sugar, coconut, raisins and cashew nuts to Mawa, other ingredients and mix it.
● The mixture should be moist. For that take some mixture in your hands, squeeze and if it forms a soft ball, if its still crumbly add few drops of milk to form a soft ball.
● Make balls of the dough and roll out into 1cm / 1/8 in thick rounds.
● Roll out a disc shaped circle from the dough. Pick up dough and keep it on the chalk and take it 4-4/4.5 inch diameter thin finely.
● Like a blanket place this rolled out dough over the mould. Fill the gujiya mixture at the base and wet the edges with water or flour paste.
● Press the edges of mould together to seal. Trim off the excess dough with hands or knife and mix it with rest of the dough. Always remember that gujiyas should be sealed properly.
● To fry the Gujia, heat enough primio refined groundnut oil in Kadhai (Big Pan). To check if the oil is hot enough put a piece of dough in it. If it comes up at once, add as many gujiyas as fit in comfortably.
● Lower the heat to medium. Fry till golden brown on all sides. Then take out well fried Gujia and serve.
#RROIndia #gujiya #tasty #tastyfood #sweet #instagood #instalike #picofthday #diwalisweet