Who among us is not always running low on time? In the fast-paced, hectic and chaotic world we live in today, there are always too many things to do, too many places to be and too little time to do it all in. Many among us can’t find the time to cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner from scratch for five days in a row. So we have put together this easy meal plan to help kick-start a healthier lifestyle, doable for even the busiest among us.
Each meal starts with one simple base—chia pudding for breakfast, a spinach wrap for lunch, and cauliflower rice for dinner—that we can pair up with different toppings and fillings of our choice.
BREAKFAST: CHIA PUDDING
Chia pudding is a perfect workday breakfast—not only can it be made ahead, but it goes with just about any toppings and mix-ins you could dream up.
¼ cup chia seeds + 2 teaspoons coconut sugar + ¾ cup coconut milk
- In a bowl or mason jar, mix together chia seeds, coconut milk and coconut sugar. Put the lid on and shake the mixture to combine everything.
- Once the chia pudding mixture is well combined, let it sit for 5 minutes, give it another stir/shake to break up any clumps of chia seeds, cover and put the mixture in the fridge to set-up for 4-5 hours.
- Top it up with berries, nuts or fresh fruits. Enjoy.
LUNCH: SPINACH WRAP
There’s nothing more grab-n-go-friendly than a wrap, and we’ve got a perfect detox wrap-hack for you.
- Slightly blanch the spinach. Set two spinach leaves down. Overlap the leaves so they fill up the gap.
- Add your favourite toppings (black beans and avocado, hummus, chickpeas and olive oil or any other filling of your choice) into the bottom 1/3 of the leaves.
- Roll the bottom up and then tightly tuck in the sides as you continue to roll up the rest.
- Cut in half and enjoy.
DINNER: CAULIFLOWER RICE BOWL
Dinnertime can be tough when you’ve just gotten through a full workday (and a gruelling commute)—cauliflower rice to the rescue. Simply grate or food process some cauliflower and you’re halfway to the finish line.
- Heat the ghee in a sauté pan over high heat.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté until lightly brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and peppers and sauté for 1 minute.
- Divide into desired servings and garnish with the curry sauce and cashews.