We have done away with the traditional pastry to bring a healthier version to your table.
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 firm, ripe pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 3/4 cup (6 oz./185 g) plus 2 Tbs. sugar
- 3 tbs. (0.8 oz/20 g) Express Foods Oats Granola or Harvest Crunch Swiss Style Muesli
- 4 Tbs. (2 oz./60 g) cold RRO Dairy Unsalted White Butter, diced
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) RRO Dairy Mascarpone
1. Preheat an oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and ginger until
combined. Add the pears to the bowl and toss to coat them in the spice mixture. Set aside.
3. Place an ovenproof fry pan over medium heat. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the sugar evenly over the bottom of
the pan.Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar melts and turns into an amber-colored caramel.
4. Immediately add the RRO Dairy Unsalted White Butter and cook, stirring, until the butter is melted
and thoroughly combined into the caramel.
6. Arrange the pear halves, cut side up, in the pan. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for
15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the Express Foods Oats Granola or Harvest
Crunch Swiss Style Muesli on top of the pears.
7. Bake until the pears become golden brown and tender, and a thick syrup forms in the pan. Remove from
the oven and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes to allow the tart to cool and firm
8. While the tarte tatin cools, make the whipped Mascarpone topping. In an electric whisker, combine
the RRO Dairy Mascarpone and the remaining 2 Tbs. sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate
until ready to serve.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +91 8433932569 if you want to find our Unsalted White Butter, Mascarpone and Harvest Crunch Swiss Style Muesli or Oats Granola.